After upgrading my Windows 10 software to the latest build, I noticed I could not remove the language for the keyboard. I have no idea why this is, but it’s really annoying. It’s really easy to fix though. Open up the keyboard language settings and search for the language you want to remove. Once you find it click on it. Under the “Installed languages” section remove the language you want to remove. Then click on the “Remove” button.
Windows 10 brings many changes to the Windows operating system. One change that many users will notice is the addition of the new Fluent Design language to the operating system. This new design language can be found throughout Windows 10, including in the taskbar, in the notification area, and in the Start menu. However, the layout of the language can be changed in a number of ways, and one of the most commonly used methods is to change the language of the on-screen keyboard.
While native language support in Windows 10 is a major selling point for users, perhaps the most well-known language is not one of the ones that are currently supported.
Matthew AdamsWindow of Windows and software
Matthew is a freelancer and has written numerous articles on various technology-related topics. His main specialization is the Windows operating system and everything related to it. He’s passionate about… Read more
- You cannot remove keyboard languages in Windows 10 if the regional settings for that platform are not configured correctly.
- You can quickly change the system’s regional settings as described in the following procedure.
- You can remove keyboard languages in Windows 10 using PowerShell if the default methods don’t work.
- If you cannot achieve your goal, you may need to make some changes to the registry to fix the problem.
We recommend Restoro PC Repair Tool to solve various PC problems:
This program fixes common computer errors, protects you from file loss, malware and hardware malfunctions, and optimizes your PC for maximum performance. Fix PC problems and remove viruses in 3 easy steps:
- Download the Restoro PC repair tool, which features patented technology (the patent is available here).
- Click on the Start Scan button to scan for Windows issues that may be causing the PC problems.
- To fix problems that affect the security and performance of your computer, click Repair All.
- Restoro was downloaded by 0 readers this month.
Some users cannot remove keyboard language layouts in the usual way through Windows 10 settings. Keyboard languages may reappear in some users’ settings when they appear to have removed them.
Other users see languages appear on the taskbar that are not in the settings. In any case, the situation must not remain like this for too long.
We will show you how to get rid of this problem in no time. Our keyboard troubleshooting tips are ready for you.
What should I do if I cannot remove the keyboard mapping languages?
1. Conversion of classified languages
- Click the search button with the magnifying glass in the Windows 10 taskbar.
- Enter the keyword for the keyboard language in the search box.
- Select Change Language and Keyboard Settings to open the window below.
- Then select the keyboard language format you want to remove from the list.
- Press the down arrow to move the selected keyboard language down the list.
- The Delete option for the keyboard language to be deleted should no longer be grayed out. Click the Delete button for the keyboard language if you can do so now.
The keyboard language at the top of the list always has a grayed-out delete button. As a result, users may have to edit the keyboard language list to remove a particular package.
If there is only one keyboard language listed, you must set another one before uninstalling.
2. Change current system language
- Open Launch by right-clicking the Start button on the taskbar and selecting it from the menu.
- Enter this text in Run : Control panel.
- Click OK to open the Control Panel window.
- Select the Category option from the Display drop-down menu via Control Panel.
- Then click Clock and Region in the Control Panel.
- Press the Region button to open the window shown in the following figure.
- Select the Administration tab.
- Click the Change System Location button to open the Regional Settings window.
- If the keyboard language you want to remove is selected in the Current System Language drop-down menu, choose another language there.
- Choose Beta : Select the Use Unicode UTF-8 for global language support check box.
- Click OK in the Regional Settings window.
- In the Region window, click the Apply button to save the settings you just selected.
- Then restart the computer.
3. Remove a language from the keyboard using PowerShell
- Open the Windows 10 Enter here tool to search.
- Enter Windows PowerShell as your search term.
- Click PowerShell to open the window.
- First type this command and press Enter : Get-WinUserLanguageList
- Make a note of the language code that corresponds to the language format of the keyboard you want to delete.
- Next, type the following four separate commands into PowerShell (press Enter after each command):
$LangList = Get-WinUserLanguageList
$MarkedLang = $LangList | where LanguageTag -eq
Set-WinUserLanguageList $LangList – Force
- Restart the computer after entering the above commands.
Run a system check for errors
Press Start Scan to check for Windows problems.
Press Repair Everything to troubleshoot proprietary technology.
Run a PC scan with Restoro Repair Tool to find errors that cause security problems and slowdowns. Once the scan is complete, the recovery process replaces the damaged files with new Windows files and components.
In the second command, replace the language marker you marked in step five. If your language code is en-GB, the command will look like this
$MarkedLang = $LangList | where LanguageTag -eq en-GB
4. Delete keyboard language registry key
- Click on the magnifying glass button of the search function in the taskbar.
- Type Registry Editor in the search field.
- Select Run as administrator for the registry editor in the search program.
- Then open this key in the Registry Editor window: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetControlKeyboard Layouts
- Open the Microsoft Keyboard IDs web page in your browser.
- On the ID page, find the hexadecimal code of the keyboard ID for the keyboard language you want to delete.
- Then, in the registry editor, select the key for keyboard language mapping with the corresponding hex code. The Layout text line of the selected button also indicates the language for which the button is intended.
- Right-click on the keyboard language code and select Delete.
- Close the registry editor and restart your laptop or desktop.
We recommend that users back up their PC registries or create system restore points before deleting keys or registry strings.
5. Change registry key Preload
- Open the registry editor as described in the first three steps of the previous solution.
- Then open the Preload key in this registry path: HKEY_USERS.DEFAULPrepare the keyboard layout
- Next, you need to open the Microsoft Keyboard ID web page and find the hexadecimal code that corresponds to the language of the keyboard you want to remove.
- Right-click the preload line whose hexadecimal code corresponds to the language code of the keyboard you want to delete to open its context menu.
- Select the Delete option to delete the channel.
- Right-click on the Keyboard Layout button and select Permissions to open the window below.
- Click on the Advanced button.
- In the window below, click the Disable Inheritance button.
- To confirm, choose Remove all inherited authorizations.
- Click Apply and OK to return to the Keyboard Layout Permissions window.
- Then, in the System window, select .
- Uncheck the Allow full control check box to deselect it.
- Click Apply to save the new setting.
- Restart Windows 10 after changing the pre-boot key.
You must have administrator rights to change the preload key as described above. Also note that you cannot add new keyboard layouts until you regain full control of your system account.
Here are some of the solutions that have been confirmed by users. So try them out if you can’t decide on a language keyboard layout.
You can also easily add keyboard layouts in Windows 10. Just follow the tips and tricks in our guide.
Let us know which one worked for you in the comments below. And if you know other solutions, don’t keep them to yourself.
Is there a problem? Repair them with this tool:
- Download this PC recovery tool with excellent reviews on TrustPilot.com (download starts on this page).
- Click on the Start Scan button to scan for Windows issues that may be causing the PC problems.
- Click Repair All to fix problems with patented technology (exclusive discount for our readers).
Restoro was downloaded by 0 readers this month.
Was this page helpful? Thank you.
Not enough details.
It’s hard to understand
Contact an expert
Take part in the discussionLanguage packs are great for increasing the number of languages that appear on your computer, but if you are also running a multi-lingual keyboard software you may not be able to remove the keyboard language from the system. This could cause issues, because some users may want the keyboard language to be changed, but it is not working. Let’s find out what is going on.. Read more about how to remove vietnamese keyboard windows 10 and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I remove a language from Windows 10 keyboard?
To remove a language from the keyboard, go to the language bar at the top of the screen and click on the language you want to remove. You can also use the key combination Windows-X to remove a language.
Why can’t I remove a language Windows 10?
You can’t remove a language from Windows 10.
How do I remove a language from my keyboard?
If you want to remove a language from your keyboard, you can do so by going to Settings > General > Keyboard > Languages. You can also remove a language by going to Settings > General > Keyboard > Languages > Add New Keyboard > Add New Language.
Feedback,Privacy settings,How Search works,remove keyboard language windows 10 registry,remove keyboard language windows 10 powershell,windows 10 remove keyboard language from taskbar,remove cms keyboard windows 10,how to remove vietnamese keyboard windows 10,cannot remove uk keyboard windows 10,remove language windows 10,windows 10 remove irish keyboard