After a long and arduous wait, everyone has been able to download the final Windows 10 version of the OS, and as we all expected this new OS came packed with a lot of new features, one was the ability to receive free updates that will take Windows 10 from the current version, to the next major update.
Windows 10 is the best operating system to date but has a few issues that are holding it back from becoming the most widely used platform. While some of these issues can be fixed with a future Windows 10 update, others can only be dealt with by buying a new computer. But what if your computer is more than a year old and no longer receives updates on Windows 10? If you are lucky, this issue could be fixed by a future update to Windows 10. Or, you could just buy a brand new computer and get Windows 10 for free!
If you’re running Windows 10 on your PC or laptop, you’ll eventually have to update your version of Windows to Windows 11. Or, if you’re a Microsoft partner, you might get it for free. Regardless, you’ll have to go through the process of check for updates once it’s released, and it’s important to understand how that works, since you’ll get the option whether or not you want to update to the new version of Windows.. Read more about how do i check my computer for windows 10 compatibility? and let us know what you think.
Windows 11 prices
Microsoft has already announced that Windows 11 will be free for Windows 10 laptops and PCs. So ideally, you can download Windows 11 for free on your device if it has a genuine Windows 10 installed.
A charge may be made for a new installation.
When Windows 11is released
According to Microsoft, the new Windows 11 will be released around November this year. The deployment will last until 2022.
You can’t download the final version of Windows 11 yet, but there is a way to get familiar with the new operating system a little early. Microsoft will release Windows 11 Beta to Insiders starting next week. So sign up for the Windows Insider Program and try out the new Windows 11 beta.
Windows 11Hardware requirements
Although the Windows 11 update is free to download, Microsoft has set new minimum hardware requirements for Windows 11. To use Windows 11, your laptop or PC must meet the following specifications. A device that does not meet this specification will receive a message indicating that an upgrade is not recommended.
- Processor: 1 GHz or higher with 2 or more cores on a 64-bit compatible computer
- RAM: 4 GB or more
- Storage: 64 GB minimum
- System firmware : UEFI, Secure Boot
- Display: 9-inch or larger screen with HD resolution (720P) or higher
- Security: TPM version >= 1.2 and Secure Boot Capable = True
- Internet Connection and Microsoft Accounts : An internet connection for downloading and configuring the PC. Some features require a Microsoft account
- Security: TPM version >= 2.0
- Processor generation
Intel generation processors support Windows 11
- Intel 8. Generation
- Intel 9. Generation
- Intel 10. Generation
- Intel 11. Generation
- Intel Xeon Skylake-SP
- Intel Xeon Ice Lake-SP
- Intel Xeon Cascade Lake-SP
- Intel Xeon Cooper Lake-SP
AMD generation processors support Windows 11
- AMD Ryzen 2000 (not all 2nd generation CPUs)
- AMD Ryzen 3000
- AMD Ryzen 4000
- AMD Ryzen 5000
- AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2000
- AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3000
- AMD Ryzen Threadripper Pro 3000
- AMD EPYC 2. Generation
- AMD EPYC 3. Generation
For more information, see Microsoft’s official list of processor requirements for Windows 11.
Windows 11 system compatibility check
If your laptop or PC meets the hardware specifications above, you should run a Windows Integrity Check to make sure your computer is ready to install Windows 11 when it ships.
1. Download the Windows Health Check (free) from the Windows 11 website to your Windows PC.
2. Install and run the Windows Health Check application.
3. At the top of the page, you will find a banner that says: Introduction to Windows 11. Click Check Now to see if your laptop or PC is compatible with Windows 11.
4. If the PC Health Check application says: The PC cannot work with Windows 11, don’t worry. In most laptops and PCs, the TPM is disabled even if the module is present on the motherboard.
5. To do this, go into the BIOS/UEFI settings and look for the TPM (for Intel) / fTPM (for AMD) option in the Security and Advanced Features section. Then turn it on. Also enable Secure Boot.
6. Now launch the application and check if your computer can run Windows 11. If you still get the message that your PC cannot run Windows 11, your system may not have a supported processor or may not meet the minimum system requirements.
But don’t worry, there is another way to run Windows 11 on unsupported devices. Microsoft will provide Windows 11 updates to Windows Insiders who have not met all the requirements. Basically, the Windows 11 update will be received by users who are part of the Windows Insider program (Dev and Beta channels). You can also sign up for this program on Microsoft’s official website. Please note that as part of the Windows Insiders program, you will not receive Windows 11 as a stable release. Check out these blogs for other laptop-related issues.
Here’s how to quickly check if you can get the free upgrade to Windows 11 on your Windows 10 computer.
Windows 10 is a great operating system, but it’s not perfect. The biggest problem with Windows 10 is the lack of a way to easily check if you’re going to receive a free upgrade to Windows 11. Many people are wondering if their Windows 10 PC and their laptops will get the new Windows 11 update, but Microsoft is only going to give out free Windows 11 upgrades to computers that have Windows 10 installed on them.. Read more about how do i find out my windows version? and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I check if my computer is Windows 10?
You can check if your computer is running Windows 10 by opening the Start menu and typing “winver” in the search bar.
How do I find out my Windows version?
To find out your Windows version, open the Start Menu and type “System” in the search box. How do I find out my Windows product key? To find your Windows product key, open the Start Menu and type “System” in the search box. Select System from the list of results. Under the heading “System Properties,” select “Details.” Scroll down to the section labeled “System Product ID.” How do I find out my Windows
How do I check what PC I have?
To check what PC you have, go to the Windows Start Menu, then type “systeminfo” without the quotes.
Feedback,how do i know if i have windows 10how to check windows 10 versionhow do i find out my windows version?windows 10 homewhat version of windows 10 do i havehow do i check my computer for windows 10 compatibility?,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,Windows 10,Windows 7,Microsoft Windows,Windows XP,Windows Vista,Windows 2000,See more,macOS,Linux,Ubuntu,Chrome OS,Fedora,FreeBSD,VLC media player,WinRAR,iTunes,Spotify,Adobe Acrobat,WhatsApp,how do i check my computer for windows 10 compatibility?,how to check windows version in windows 10,how do i know if i have windows 10,how to check windows 10 version,how do i find out my windows version?,windows 10 home,can this computer be upgraded to windows 10,what version of windows 10 do i have