I’ve had a lot of trouble getting a working build of Hard Nox to work on Kodi. Throughout the whole process, I had to remove and re-install the build three times, and even after all that, my Kodi didn’t even recognize it. After I finally found a working build, I installed it on my Kodi device and wrote this post.
For newbies: hard nox is a build for kodi that has been created by a developer named Unsluagh. It’s a build based on Krypton and it’s one of the best builds that I’ve used on kodi. It has its own skin, which is called Hardnox. I am going to show you how to install this build on kodi and how to configure it as well.
I will show you how to install a hard nox build on Kodi 18 Leia and Kodi 17.6 Krypton. The images in this guide were created on a computer, but the process works just as well on any Kodi device, such as the FireStick, Android mobile devices, Android TV, etc.
The true potential of Kodi is revealed in the add-ons that are available in abundance online. But there are so many choices that I often get lost. Yes, I can manually select and install some popular add-ons, but I still need new ones. There are so many things to see and I can’t always pick the right addon. That’s why I started relying on Kodi builds like HardNox.
A build like HardNox makes my life easier and my experience with Kodi much better. This version includes many high-quality add-ons for a wide range of streaming possibilities. Whether you want to watch movies, TV shows, news, sports content, adult content or even live TV, HardNox Kodi has you covered. And, before I forget, most things here are free.
I will walk you step by step through the installation of the Hard Nox version on Kodi.
Attention KODI users: please read before continuing
Kodi addons / modules offer unlimited streaming content, but can also get you in legal trouble if you get caught watching movies / TV shows / sports for free. Kodi users are strongly advised to always connect a VPN when streaming online. A good Kodi VPN can hide your identity, bypass government surveillance, block content, and ISP throttling (which also contributes to buffer-free streaming).
I use ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is very easy to install on any device, including the Amazon FireStick. Get 3 months free and save 49% on annual plans. There is also a 30 day money back guarantee. If you are not satisfied, you can always ask for a refund.
Click HERE to get 3 months free and save 49% on ExpressVPN.
Read: How to install and use VPN for Kodi
Steps to install HardNox Kodi Build
You probably already know that Kodi has security settings that prevent third-party modules and addons from being installed by default. Before starting the installation of HardNox, we will change some parameters. Here’s what you need to do:
1. Start Kodi and stay on the home screen. On the Home screen, tap Settings in the upper left corner.
2. For Kodi 18, click on System, or if you are using Kodi 17.6, click on System Preferences on the next screen.
3. Now go and select Add-ons from the list in the left sidebar. On the right side of the window you will see Unknown sources with a button next to it. Turn the switch to the ON position
4. A confirmation message appears. Press Yes to continue.
Hard Nox Kodi Build is 100% secure. So don’t hesitate to click the Yes button above.
I will now show you how to install Hard build on Kodi. This process can take a long time. So I’ll break it down into four simple steps. Here’s what we’ll do:
- Added a source to install the Misfit Mods repository
- Install the Misfit Mods repository from source.
- Install the Misfit Mods Wizard from the repository.
- Install the Kodi version of Hard Nox from the Misfit Mods wizard.
Now let’s go through each part in turn.
Please click here to read our disclaimer before proceeding.DisclaimerThis manual is for training purposes only. FireStickTricks does not own, host, operate or distribute streaming applications/add-ons/IPTV. Some of these services are offered by third parties and may allow unauthorized access to copyrighted content. We do not tolerate access to pirated content or copyright infringement. We are not affiliated with these services and do not endorse them in any way. We also do not control the legal status of a streaming service. The end user is responsible for the content accessed through these unreliable services.
Adding a source for the installation of the Misfit Modrepositories
Follow the steps below to add a resource:
1. Go back to the Kodi home screen and click Settings in the top left corner below the Kodi logo.
2. On the next screen, select File Manager from the list of available options.
3. Now navigate and click on Add Source.
4. Then select the <No> option, as shown in the figure below.
5. A new window with a keyboard appears on the screen. Enter the source URL of Misfit Mods http://misfitmods.com/mmwiz/repo/.
It is important that you enter the URL exactly as it is shown here. Typos cause errors and installation problems. Press OK when you have finished entering text.
6. Enter the name by which you want to identify this resource. I recommend you choose something contemporary, because you will need it later. I picked a loser, as you can see in the picture below. The name is entered in the Enter a name for this media source field. Press OK when you are finished.
It completes the source. Now let’s install the Misfit Mods repository.
Installing the Misfit Mods Repository
Follow the simple steps below to install the repository on your Kodi application:
1. Return to the Kodi home screen and click on Add-ons in the left pane.
2. Click on the package installer icon (which also looks like a Dropbox icon) in the top right corner.
3. Then select Install from zip file.
4. Now scroll down the page (if necessary) and you should see the name of the resource you added earlier. In our case, we click on the Misfit button.
5. You should now see a number of folders and zip files. Click on the file named repository.misfitmods.zip.
6. This will start the installation of the Misfit Mods repository, from which we will later install the Misfit Mods wizard and eventually HardNox builds on Kodi.
Just wait for the changes to appear: The notification about installing the repository add-on, as you can see in the upper right corner of the image below.
That’s it! You installed the repository. We are now going to install the Misfit Mods wizard.
Install the Misfit Mods Wizard from the Misfit Mods repository
Here’s what you need to do:
1. Continue with the last step in the previous section, where we waited for the notification of the installation of the archive. Or, when on the Kodi home screen, click on Add-ons, and then click on the package installation icon in the top left corner.
2. Click on Install from memory.
3. Click on Misfit Mods: Depot.
4. Click on Program Add-ons.
5. Now click on Misfit Mods Wizard.
6. Click on Setup at the bottom left (as shown in the image below).
7. If you see a prompt to install the Misfit Mods Wizard add-on (as shown in the image below), it means the wizard is installed.
8. Once the wizard is installed, you will see a pop-up notification from the developers. Select Remember me later if you want to see this pop-up again. I’m pressing cancel now.
9. Another pop-up window will appear asking if you want to enable any of the listed options. I click continue because I have nothing to change. If you want to activate settings, click on them before you click Next.
10. Another prompt appears. To go directly to the Creation menu, click on the Creation Menu button. I click ignore because I’m going to show you how to access the build menu from the Kodi home screen.
11. If you see the three prompts above again, just click the Reject, Continue and Ignore buttons again.
Now we install the Kodi Hard Nox build from the Misfit Mods wizard.
Install the HardNox version on Kodi using the Misfit Modswizard.
This is the last part of the process, which usually takes the longest. To do this, you need to go to the Kodi home screen. Here’s how:
1. On the Kodi home screen, go to Add-ons > Software Add-ons. In this area you will find the Misfit Mods Wizard icon.
2. Click on the icon to open the wizard.
3. Then the Builds tab in the top left corner.
4. Click on one of the HardNox builds in the list (HardNox Ultra, HardNox Punisher 2, HardNox Smash).
5. You have two options: Standard installation and setup.
Fresh Install will delete all your Kodi data, remove all addons and clear all existing Kodi settings. On the other hand, some data is stored during installation.
When I install a complex build like HardNox, I usually don’t need to save any data. That’s why I’m opting for a new installation. Of course, you can choose the installation if you want.
6. Click Yes to confirm that you are ready to delete all data from Kodi and restore the default settings.
7. Wait until the Kodi Hard Nox version is installed.
8. When the build is installed, a tooltip is shown. Press OK to force close Kodi.
9. You have successfully installed the Hard Nox version on Kodi. Now restart Kodi and you will see that the startup screen has changed.
10. This is what the Kodi startup screen looks like with the HardNox version of Kodi. By default, the Movies option in the menu is selected. As expected, the version is complete with pre-installed add-ons.
If you go to Add-ons > Video Add-ons on the home page, you’ll see a list of all the add-ons related to the content (see image below). As we can see, there are some solid additions like DeathStar, The Magic Dragon, 7 Of 9, Seren and others.
HardNox builds add-ons for Kodi for all types of content, including movies, TV shows, sports, live streaming, and more.
Before you start streaming video with Kodi addons or modules, I want to warn you that everything you stream on Kodi is visible to your ISP and the government. This means that streaming copyrighted content (free movies, TV shows, live broadcasts and sports) can lead to legal problems.
Fortunately, there is a reliable way to hide all your streaming activities from your ISP and the government. All you need is a good VPN for Kodi. A VPN masks your original IP address and helps you bypass surveillance, ISPs and geographical restrictions on content.
Personally, I use and recommend ExpressVPN, the fastest and most secure VPN. It is compatible with all types of applications and streaming devices.
OPINION: We do not encourage copyright infringement. But what if you accidentally upload content from an illegal source? It is not always easy to distinguish between a legal and an illegal source.
So before you start streaming on Kodi, read here how to get VPN protection in 3 easy steps.
Step one: Purchase your ExpressVPN subscription HERE. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. This means you can use it for free for the first 30 days. If you are not satisfied with the service (which is unlikely), you can ask for a full refund.
Step two: Click HERE to download and install the ExpressVPN application on your streaming device. If you are using a FireStick, I have included the exact steps below, starting with step 4.
Step three: Click on the power icon to connect to the VPN server. That’s it. Now your connection is secure with the fastest and best VPN for Kodi.
The steps to install Kodi VPN on Fire TV devices are described below. If you have other broadcast devices, follow steps 1 to 3 above.
Step four: Sign up for ExpressVPN HERE (if you are not already a subscriber).
Step 5: Go to the Fire TV Stick home screen. Click the Search button and then the Search option (see figure below).
Step six: Type expressvpn into the search bar and select when it appears.
Seventh step: Click on the Download button.
Step 8: Open the ExpressVPN application and log in using the username and password you created when you purchased your ExpressVPN subscription.
Step 9: Click on the power icon to connect to the VPN server. That’s it. Now your FireStick is protected with the fastest VPN.
The beauty of Kodi is the addons, and modules like Hard Nox ensure that you don’t have to look far for them. As is obvious, the Hard Nox Kodi build includes some of the best Kodi addons. Another thing I like about the Hard Nox version of Kodi is that it doesn’t slow down my device. It is lighter than many other builds and also works smoothly on the Firestick. Yes, I have used the HardNox version on the FireStick and other devices and felt almost no difference in performance. Overall, this is a solid version of Kodi that is definitely worth a try.
How to install Xanax Kodi Build
How to install The Joker Kodi Builds
How to install No Limits Magic Kodi Build
How to install The Grind Build
We do not check the legality or safety of any add-ons, applications or services mentioned on this website. Furthermore, we do not promote, publish or link to copyrighted feeds. We strongly condemn piracy and urge our readers to avoid it at all costs. Any mention of free streaming on our website refers only to non-copyrighted public domain content. Read our full disclaimer.
We are a reader-supported blog. If you purchase an item through the links on our website, we may receive a commission. Read more
We need your support
Frequently Asked Questions
What is hard NOX?
Hard NOX is a term used to describe the amount of NOx emitted from a vehicle’s exhaust pipe.
How do I install BK NOX build on Kodi?
Open Kodi Select SYSTEM Select Add-ons Select Install from repository Select Kodi Add-on Repository Select Video Add-ons Select BK NOX Build Select Install Wait for Add-on enabled notification How do I install BK NOX build on Kodi 17.6 Krypton? Open Kodi Select SYSTEM Select Add-ons Select Install from repository Select Kodi Add-on Repository
How do I do a clean install of Kodi?
In order to do a clean install of Kodi, you will need to uninstall the current version of Kodi. You can uninstall Kodi by navigating to the Programs and Features in the Control Panel and uninstalling Kodi.