The problem might have something to do with the system files in your computer. Blue Screen Recovery errors 0x0000185 are often caused by corruption in your PC’s system files, which can be repaired with the help of a program called System File Checker (or SFC). To see if that’s the problem, follow the steps below: 1. Open a command prompt window by pressing the Windows key + X, typing “cmd” in the search box, and clicking on “Command Prompt”. 2. Type the following command (including the quotes) into the command prompt window: sfc /scannow 3. If System File Checker (SFC) succeeded in fixing the problem, you should get the message “Blue Screen Recovery error 0
Windows 10 comes pre-installed with a fast, reliable, and robust built-in system recovery function, known as Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection (ATP). When enabled, this feature can detect and remove suspicious and unwanted software from your system using a combination of proactive and reactive techniques.
After using Windows 10 for several months, you may have come across a problem where your computer stops running without any warning. This problem usually occurs whenever Windows starts or shuts down, but you may also experience a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) error, or something similar.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance Getting an error on your computer can be frustrating. But it’s even more annoying when you encounter a blue screen error. One of the BSOD errors that you may encounter is the blue screen recovery error 0x0000185. This is a shutdown error, which means that you won’t be able to start your computer normally until you fix this error. While this error is common in Windows 10, it is also a very common problem in Windows 7, 8, and 8.1. The occurrence of error 0xc0000185 indicates that your operating system cannot access the necessary Windows OS files on your hard drive to boot. This simply means that your computer cannot communicate with your hard drive or that there is a problem with your system files.
What are the Causes of Blue Screen Recovery Error 0x0000185?
Damaged system files: corrupt operating system files can also cause this error code to appear during the boot sequence. In this case, you can fix the problem by performing a recovery installation or a clean installation. Corrupted BCD data: Another possible cause of this problem is corrupted BCD data that prevents the boot sequence from completing. In this case, you may be able to resolve the problem by opening a command-line window from the Troubleshooting menu and running a series of commands to recreate the BCD data. Kernel subsystem problem: According to several concerned users, one of the most common causes of this problem is a corrupt kernel subsystem file that causes the boot sequence to terminate effectively. If this scenario applies, you can solve the problem by using an automatic repair utility to repair damaged subsystem components. A recent change to the operating system: It turns out that a recent update or driver installation can also break the boot sequence. Since finding the culprit, in this case, is difficult, the best solution is to use a system recovery utility to return your computer to a healthy state when the circumstances that caused the error code did not exist.
How to Solve Blue Screen Recovery Error 0x0000185 in Windows 10?
June 2021 Update:
We now recommend using this tool for your error. Additionally, this tool fixes common computer errors, protects you against file loss, malware, hardware failures and optimizes your PC for maximum performance. You can fix your PC problems quickly and prevent others from happening with this software:
- Step 1 : Download PC Repair & Optimizer Tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista – Microsoft Gold Certified).
- Step 2 : Click “Start Scan” to find Windows registry issues that could be causing PC problems.
- Step 3 : Click “Repair All” to fix all issues.
Perform a System Restore
- Insert the Windows 10 installation media into your device.
- Restart the operating system.
- When the device boots up, you will be prompted to press any key to boot from the installation media.
- At this point, press any key on your keyboard.
- In the window that appears, select the correct time and keyboard type again.
- Go to Computer Repair and select Troubleshooting.
- In the Troubleshooting window, select Advanced Options.
- Click the System Restore button.
- After the system restore is complete, restart your operating system in normal mode.
- Check if error code 0xc0000185 is still displayed.
Execute a Disk Cleanup
- Go to the top, type Disk Cleanup, and run the tool.
- Select the disk you want to clean, and the tool will show you the space you can free up.
- Click OK and wait for the process to complete.
Your computer regularly saves temporary files and folders when you surf the Internet. These unnecessary files can cause various problems, including the 0xc0000185 error.
Unplug all devices
Faulty devices can be the cause of this annoying error code. Be sure to disconnect all devices connected to your computer, including your mouse and keyboard, if your device configuration allows it.
- Now restart the computer and see if the problem persists.
- If your computer boots normally, it means that one of your devices is not working properly and needs to be replaced.
- To determine the culprit, connect the devices one at a time and see if they have problems.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
Frequently Asked Questions
- Reboot your computer.
- Repair the BCD.
- Repair the BCD with the rescue media.
- Perform a system restore.
- Format the partition and reinstall Windows.
Error code 0xc0000185 means that your computer’s boot configuration data is missing, deleted, or corrupted. It also indicates that a new device may be interfering or that there is malicious software or hardware on your PC.
- Go to My Computer and right-click it.
- Go to Properties.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Go to Startup and Recovery and click Settings.
- Go to System Errors and uncheck the Auto-Restart option.
- Save your settings by clicking the OK button.
- On the Select an option screen, select Troubleshooting.
- Click Advanced options.
- Click System Restore.
- After your computer restarts, select your account and log in.
- Click Next.
- System restore points are usually created automatically when you install a new update, driver, or application.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish to apply the restore point.
An improperly configured Windows 10 computer can turn into a blue screen of death. Here’s how to fix it.. Read more about error code 0xc0000185 windows 10 hp and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I fix error code 0x0000185?
Windows 10 is a great operating system that runs on pretty much any PC with any CPU, but it will not always work perfectly. Sometimes you may get an error message like this one: “0x0000185” or “Blue Screen”. This error code is usually caused by some software or hardware problem. The error code is usually caused by a problem in the system booting process. Microsoft’s Windows 10 operating system is incredibly versatile and powerful. However, it can also be unstable and vulnerable to unexpected errors. One of the most common errors that users encounter is when Windows 10 Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) appears.
How do I fix error 0xc000000e my computer needs to be repaired Windows 10?
Millions of PCs across the world have been infected with a new virus, which is responsible for a very annoying issue: the Blue Screen of Death (or BSOD) error. A BSOD is a system error and it will be displayed on your screen when you try to start your system, it will show a picture of blue screen with your PC’s name and operating system name on it. Lately I have been hearing more and more about the BSOD error on my friends computer. Have you seen this Error Code on your PC or Laptop? Catalyst Control Centre shows error code 0x0000185 when you see a blue screen on your machine. This blue screen error indicates a failed driver. So, how to fix it?
How do I fix blue screen recovery?
Our guide centers around Windows 10 Blue Screen Recovery Error 0x0000185, an error that can appear when a device encounters an issue during boot. This article can be used as a quick reference guide to fix any issues that cause a blue screen while booting Windows 10. If you have ever experienced a blue screen of death, we are here to help you fix the problem in a way where it will not happen again. Just follow the steps given below to resolve the issue.
Feedback,windows error code 0xc0000185 windows 10error code 0xc0000185 windows 8error code 0xc0000185 windows 10 hp0x0000185 windows 10mengatasi error code 0xc0000185hp error 0x0000185,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,windows error code 0xc0000185 windows 10,a required device isn't connected or cannot be accessed 0xc0000185,error code 0xc0000185 windows 8,error code 0xc0000185 windows 10 hp,0x0000185 windows 10,mengatasi error code 0xc0000185,hp error 0x0000185,0xc0000185 windows 7